Friday 12 November 2010

Brand New Tracks from Skream



If you follow Skream on Twitter, Facebook or Soundcloud, you will know that today he has uploaded three brand new tracks for us to enjoy.

First up, we have Hats Off
Hats Off by SKREAMIZM

I find this track similar to Burnin' Up that was released by Skream last year with Memories of Third Base. It uses the same sample, and has a slow breakbeat/jungle feel. It has a great jingle to it and is very easy on the ears.

In contrast, we have the next track, Smoke Filled Room.
Smoke Filled Room by SKREAMIZM

A classic dubstep pace, I find this track a bit similar to Benga's On a Mission. I think it's the synths that make me feel this way. This track is again easy on the ears, and not the cut throat noise competition that I've seen in a lot of new dubstep over the past year.

Now I have saved the best for last here, this is Untitled.
Untitled by SKREAMIZM


This reminds me of The XX. The xylophone just gives this track a lullaby feel and makes it so relaxing. I could drift off to the this every night. I think it's quite similar to Getting Nowhere on the Magnetic Man album. I do think this track could benefit from some vocals, but I also think it's brilliant as it is.

Skream's Outside The Box album, featuring tracks similar to the above, is available to buy/download from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Here's your chance..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...