Monday 3 August 2009

Scratch Time III

So, yesterday was Sunday, so I attempted to make a video. The past week I've been basking in the glory of my last video, Scratch Time II.
This week's video didn't go quite so well. I was interrupted while recording twice, and lost almost all motivation for it.
But, I have set a target to upload every week, and I made sure I stuck to it. I've had to copies of Usher - Make Love In This Club for almost a year, and haven't really gone very far with regards to juggling it.
This week, I thought "hmm, well I haven't bought new records this week, so I could use something that's been untouched for a while." This time Usher fitted the bill.
My beat juggling has advanced since I last picked that record up, so I was able to improvise and find something to do with it. I also realised that is was roughly the same BPM as a typical dubstep tune.
Out I dig Drumz West by Benga. It works well enough for me, so it goes in the video. So then when I cut out Usher, I do some random scratching over Drumz West. The standard of scratching was quite low this week, I was quite tired, and not quite in the mood for it.
But, you know, constructive criticism and all that, can't always be tip top, here's the video.



By the way, do you like my Barack Obama t-shirt? Made it myself while he was campaigning for President :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Here's your chance..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...