Wednesday 8 July 2009

The Fun I Can Have With Two Copies of Napt's "Gotta Have More Cowbell"

I love beat juggling, it's my main hobby. Athough it's not the reason I took up turntablism, it's definitely the reason I still do it.
You might recall from last year's DMC Championships that DJ Skully beat juggled Napt's breakbeat song "Gotta Have More Cowbell".
When I met DJ Skully earlier this year he showed me what he did and I picked up some skills from him, as well as two copies of the record.
So I took it home, and got practising, and I've found it can be taken further. I managed to get some really interesting sounds out of it.
So on Youtube I've posted a rough video of what I've started to do with it, also cheekily @'d Napt on Twitter so hopefully they will watch it.

Sound quality's a tad poor, but here we go..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Here's your chance..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...