Monday 6 December 2010

Nero - Me And You - Full Official Video (MTA Records)



The official video for Nero's Me and You has today been broadcast on YouTube. I like the route Nero are taking with their videos, it suits the electronic music they make. Innocence took inspiration from anime, and now Me and You is all about retro gaming.

This video reminds me a lot of my first console - The Sega Mega Drive. I will never forget the hours of fun I had on that console, it was revolutionary for me. Gaming has come a long way since then, but being able to look back on fond memories is always good and that's what I love about this video.

The song itself is strong, using the electronic guitars and the dubstep beat - it's a winning combination for me. Nero have always samples female vocals well, and that is the same case here. It's the sort of track that will stay in your head for a long time. Nero are clearly leaving 2010 with a bang, and as today they were announced in the BBC's list "Sound of 2011", we can only expect bigger things in the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Here's your chance..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...