Tuesday 7 December 2010

Chase & Status 'Blind Faith' feat. Liam Bailey Official Video


I was very excited when I first blogged Blind Faith - Chase & Status' new track featuring Liam Bailey (above).

Well now I'm just as excited as I was then, because the official video is now up on YouTube!



It's made to look like an amateur video, as it's telling a story. It depicts a warehouse rave, these were very big in the 90's, attracting a lot of attention from police. Now, the scene has changed. Raves take place in licensed clubs, and true warehouse raves are kept very quiet.

I like the video, I wasn't quite expecting a video like this to accompany this track but it really works. I love the shots of people dancing and going crazy because of the music, I've been to a few gigs where I've felt like they do. The video features both Chase & Status, and Liam Bailey, as if they were performing at the rave. Playing at warehouse raves has traditionally been a great way for DJ's to get noticed, most notably The Prodigy.

Now, to the track. I did a review after I first heard it on Radio 1, but I do like to give tracks a few weeks to really sink in. I thought the track was huge when I first heard it, I now think it is even better. It's out January 24th, so we can expect 2011 to go off with a huge bang for Chase & Status. The album No More Idols is also being released in January and it is a must have for any reader of this blog.

Chase & Status' last album, More Than A lot is still one of my favourite albums. It had so much diversity, and I could happily listen to any track - This is quite rare, especially for such a diverse album. Since that album, they have released some great singles, collaborating with brilliant up and coming artists.

The Blind Faith digital iTunes bundle will of course come with remixes. We can look forward to remixes from MJ Cole, Trolley Snatcha, and Loadstar, as well as the full 10 minute director's cut of the official video!

Useful Links

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Here's your chance..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...