Saturday 30 May 2009

Vestax PMC-07

Finally got round to reviewing this thing. I've hardly been off it since I bought it two weeks ago, and I am now in a position where I can really talk about what this product does and what's good about it.
The fader curve is the main plus for me. You can set the curve for cutting so finely that it makes crabs and flares a breeze. I'd always felt inhibited with scratching, especially crabs and flares, but the fader curve has given me a lot more confidence and I'm getting a lot happier with my scratching in general.
Obviously another factor that contributes to that is the fader I am using, not the original, I am using a Pro-X fader, and it glides so smooth. The clicks when you cut are really clear and I find that really helpful when practising.
It's really easy to switch channels for hamster style scratching, without switching wires at the back. You can do this with the flick of a switch - easy!
It has your standard Treb Mid Bass levelers for each channel, 2 mic ports, 1 headphone port.
The interface is nicely spaced out, leaving room for quick cutting with any of the faders. This is a battle mixer, what it's designed for really.
Another cool feature is the balance on each channel, balance meaning the balance between the left and right speaker. This is good if you want to perform a scratch that moves from left to right, or vice versa.
It has two outputs, which I really value. It means I can play it through my speakers, while at the same time recording into MAGIX Audio cleanup on my laptop. The laptop doesn't play the sound it records so would be effectively useless without the mixer having the second output. It runs on a seperate line as well, so I can play as loud as I like through the speakers, while making sure the sound will not be too loud and therefore distorted on the recording.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Here's your chance..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...