Saturday 30 May 2009

Technics 1210 MKII

Well, I managed to have a decent go on the Technics, and they are flawless. The difference in quality is just amazing. I really didn't think there would be much that could make a turntable better than another, it's just a spinning platter, but this really does make a massive difference.

I feel a lot more free with my scratching and juggling, there is no lag when releasing the record. The needles just will not skip even under high pressure scribbles. I'm using Shure M44-7 needles by the way.

I can finally see why the pros always go for Technics, so much more robust, and way more torque on the direct drive. They are a lot heavier than I expected, but this is no disadvantage as it adds to the stability.

Now I have the equipment there's no reason why I can't think about entering DMC next year, a lot of people think it's a dying art, and I'd agree. Something needs to be done to revive it and I want to contribute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Here's your chance..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...