Thursday 13 January 2011

10 Minute Progressive Dubstep Mix - Strictlywax


Back in October 2009, I was getting to grips with mixing. I'd uploaded a couple of dubstep mixes to YouTube, but I wasn't completely satisfied with them. I decided that for my next upload, I wanted a mix that was faultless, something I could really be proud of. The product of my efforts was a lot better than I could have expected, and I think I rode my luck a little bit with this mix.

The mix I am talking about is my 10 Minute Progressive Dubstep Mix. I didn't plan this, but all of the tracks used in this mix are from the Tempa record label. This is probably why the mix works, and the tracks compliment each other quite well.

One thing that attracts attention to this video is its title. I didn't set out to make progressive dubstep, I just felt that the mix itself was a progression, the way it starts slowly and gradually builds up to the fast paced, high energy Filth by Skream. It's also worth noting that one of the main reasons I named it this way was because I wanted each of my mixes to have a different name, and this mix was more progressive than any other mix on my channel.

The reason I am blogging this video today, is because it has broken 3,000 views. This is a proud moment for me, as I never expected any of my videos to get so much attention. I have uploaded mixes since and still this one gets all of the attention - it has double the hits of my second highest viewed video.

So here it is, if you haven't already seen it - The Strictlywax 10 Minute Progressive Dubstep Mix.



Tracklist:


Data - Leaves
Skream - Memories of Third Base
Skream - Rims
Benga - Buzzin'
Skream - Filth
Skream - Fick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Here's your chance..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...