Friday 5 November 2010

Clarks Advert Commercial: Giants - Stand Tall. Walk Clarks



It's quite a slow news day today, so I thought I'd blog something I've been liking for a while. Now, I've never shopped in Clarks - I've never really seen them as my sort of brand - but I really like this advert.

The main thing that hits me is the music, a soulful 60's feel. Play this sort of music to me and I'm yours, it's that easy. The song is Shawn Lee's Kiss The Sky featuring Nino Moschella.

The advert is set using the backdrop of Hong Kong, with Giants roaming in their Clarks footwear. It's really attention grabbing, and Hong Kong really is a stunning place.

I have to come back to the music though; it's made me realise that music is the most influential thing I find within advertising. If an advert has a good soundtrack, I will pay attention. It's also great marketing for the artist in question - I took the time to find out who the artist is, and am subsequently now a fan.

So all you corporate advertising types - If you want to sell to me, use good tunes! It makes all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Here's your chance..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...