Monday 1 November 2010

Bare - Thugs In The Hood (Feat. Messinian)



This track comes from LA producer Bare and features a vocal from MC Messinian. I was a bit reserved when I saw the producer was from LA, as the vast majority of dubstep I've listened to and like has been produced right here in the UK.
Plastician went out to LA last year to promote dubstep to the hip-hop community, and came out with a really good mixtape. I thought it was great that dubstep was spreading over there, becoming popular with some of my favourite rappers.
Now, I think this track from Bare is a decent effort, although it does succumb to the "noise competition" that I've mentioned in previous posts. This is where the producer just throws too many obscure sounds into the song so it just sounds like noise. Some people love this and will proceed to comment with "this tune is dirtier than...".

For me, I like the song to flow better, have some rhythm generally. Having said that, I think Bare has some great potential, and I think it's great that people from the USA are giving dubstep a really good go. Listen to the track, and judge for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Here's your chance..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...