Tuesday 12 October 2010

OUT OF TIME

OUT OF TIME from Андрей Скурьят DREE on Vimeo.


Soundtrack:
00:00 - 00:46 - Force of Nature, Nujabes, Fat Jon - Kodama (Interlude)
00:49 - 01:46 - Junior Senior - Move Your Feet
01:50 - 05:02 - Ali B vs. The Jungle Brothers - Beats on a String
05:02 - 05:22 - The Chemical Brothers - Galaxy Bounce
05:22 - 06:08 - Ghost, Kashmere, DPF - Flip It
06:27 - 09:06 - The Beatnuts - Hot
09:42 - 11:49 - Visionaries - Blessings
12:00 - 14:18 - Steam - Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye

I first saw this video just over a year ago, and I was blown away. This is without doubt, the greatest video I have ever seen on the internet, or even anywhere.
Now, I usually like to keep the videos I share as up to date and new as possible, but this video is the exception to the rule.

It follows Oleg Vorslav, a Latvian master of parkour. This video was mainly filmed in Latvia, on a climbing structure, which also features in an earlier video he made (Quest of Movement, link below). Out of Time also features parkour performed in locations in Portugal.

There are so many reasons why this video is special to me.

The Soundtrack is Hip-Hop Focused
I a massive fan of hip-hop, and it fits in so well with the movement on screen. I am also a firm believer that the summer was made for hip-hop, the hot climate and sand creates a real summery mood for me, the video makes me want to go on holiday.

The Strength and Power Shown
I am a keen athlete myself, and frequent the gym 5-6 times a week. I really admire the athleticism these guys show, and the sheer strength a lot of these moves require is staggering.

The Camera Work/Editing
I am so glad that this video was posted on Vimeo, because it is so much better in HD. As I said above, the athleticism and moves are incredible, but the camera shots make them look so much better. Some of the video is clearly scripted and set up and this adds a story element to the video, rather than it just being a set of clips.

The Humour
What I really like about these guys is that they don't take themselves too seriously. From the outset, Oleg Vorslav almost falls from a tree, showing that he is actually human like the rest of us. There are also clips between the moves of the guys joking together, I like this because it shows they aren't robots that do parkour all day.

Word of Warning

Now kids, JUST IN CASE you were about to try this at home, I strongly suggest you watch this.



Ouch.

Useful Links
Oleg Vorslav's Free Running Wiki Page
Oleg Vorslav's YouTube Channel
Quest of Movement Part 1 of 2
Quest of Movement Part 2 of 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Here's your chance..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...