Wednesday 20 October 2010

Cher LLoyd Liar, Fraud & Unoriginal



This is trending on YouTube right now, and I think it's a bit unfair. It's slamming Cher Lloyd for claiming to have written lyrics, that were actually those of Swizz Beatz, Professor Green, and Coldplay. The way this video is spliced together I'm not sure what to make of it. It does show her saying she had written lyrics, and then gone on to prove that the lyrics were actually those of an existing artist.
This may be the case, but I don't think it should damage Cher's credibility too much. The video uploader seems angered that Cher claims to be original, when in fact she is not.
Every contestant on the X Factor is performing covers, but I feel Cher is performing her covers in an origjnal way. The way she performs is definitely different to any of the other contestants, and I feel she still has an outstanding chance of winning the competition. In my music-journo opinion however, I feel it would be better for her to come 2nd or 3rd, and be picked up by a hip-hop label where she can really develop her talent and be big in the genre she appears to be such a fan of.

What are we thinking on this one?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Here's your chance..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...